Friday, December 16, 2005

FeeLS to Be LoVEd

what does it feel to be loved?
I observed an interesting interaction with a father and his son. The father was concerned that the son wouldn't make it academically because he had wasted away his time with mindless distractions. The son sat in a corner and the father poured his heart to me. I was observing the son's reaction and it wasn't at all positive. He had that pout, that defensive stance of arms folded across his chest as his dad spoke. Then something happened. The dad turned to his son and said, "Do you know how it feels to be loved? When you react the way you do, I feel hurt!" I could see the dad was moved and I could see a shift in the son's disposition. I believe he had never heard those words from his dad before.
When was the last time you told someone that they feel loved? Sometimes we get so absorbed in our own affairs we have little time to take into account the person next to us.
SELAH

No comments: