Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The WEAK, the FAINT & the WORRIED

This week I learnt of a good man of the cloth whom I had admired had passed away after a long bout of illness. Week after week, he would faithfully serve His God in the church, smiling and reassuring the weak, the faint and the worried.
The weak, the faint and the worried.
Doesn't that sound like you and me? Aren't we weakened by our internal condemnations? Aren't we afraid to be found weak in the eyes of many? Aren't we worried that we won't survive this rat race we are in?
Yet, this nice sweet man of God reassured us that we could, because he had. He became a living proof of how his God had sustained him, how his God had carried him through the rough times, how his God had calmed many a worrisome storm. How we need to find people like that in our lives today, people who can stand alongside us and say, I am here with you, don't fret, it's not over yet!
I miss you Canon Lomax.... thanks for being God's angel while on earth...now rest in His peace
SELAH

1 comment:

heart_exposed said...

Hello Mr Ian,

I Didn't know you've got a blog.Anyways,nothing much here,i just wanted to say "Hi",big papa.

Sabrina