Sunday, June 12, 2005

Being a channel

It was amazing. In just one night I had 2 encounters with 2 different cab drivers with different views. The first cab I went in was a lady driver who exclaimed excitedly,"thank you sir for picking my cab!" I was taken aback. Shouldn't I be thanking her instead? She was a Catholic and had just prayed for a passenger and I was an answer to that prayer. It's interesting-I became a catalyst for her faith and I was rewarded with an act of courtesy.
The second cab driver was a middle-aged man who was on the verge of divorcing his wife for 22 years. The whole journey was a filled with his anguish, his tale of woe. I felt sorry for him, and I just listened to him. He kept apologising for being so talkative, but I encouraged him. It's important to empty the channel, not build a dam to hold it in. Yes sometimes we flow vgorously, with clear water, and sometimes we get murky with stagnant water. But we can all choose to be channels of blessings, wherever it may be in a cab or on the street. Learn to be sensitive and listen. SELAH

No comments: