Saturday, June 04, 2005

Parents Day

We had parents day today. I wonder if it was a day that parents looked forward too? Well maybe some. It could be an excellent opportunity for some parents to give their children "I told you I was right!" look, or the "didn't I warn you?" look. For some parents it might have been, "Oh no, not again!" groans. Whatever the anticipation, or the expectations, think about the student. Your response results in his/her reaction. If you were right about his performance, take it as a learning opportunity for you to bond with your child; If it was warning ignored, then take it as an opportunity to affirm your child that you still love him/her. If it was a mistake repeated, then remind yourself, "I am as human as my son/daughter." Once you have reminded yourself, then put your arms around him/her and say, "We can work on it together!"
SELAH

No comments: